new to snorkeling, location suggestions for noob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have only gone snorkeling once in carribean and we fell in love with it. So we have a trip next week to kona and would love some suggestions on safe snorkeling areas for a new comer. We are staying at the Sheraton and I have seen many of you talk of night diving there to see rays. Is this something that is ok for snorkeling as well? and if so, is it best to do it with a guided tour? I am on a budget so with all the things to do in hawaii, i wanna keep a close eye on budget being this is the first trip to hawaii. Thank you guys for the help!

Super easy snorkeling can be found at Honaunau. Step it up a slight notch and rent some kayaks at Kealakekua and paddle across to Captain Cook Monument. The manta snorkel from shore is usually done on snorkel, but the entry and exit involve leaping from rocks and can be treacherous in rough conditions.

thanks for the tip. should i be worried about sharks or jellyfish at all?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom