New to Scuba Need Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As others have said, it's better to wait until you have a few more dives before worrying about taking pictures. It really is a large task load, and honestly, you can't take really nice pictures until you have bouyancy under control.

The disposable cameras do NOT take nice pictures, but they are ok for memory shots. If you do decide to take a camera, just start with a disposable that you can put into a pocket, and that way it can be put away during the dive.

For tips, get as close as your camera will focus, and try to take a picture with the subject above or at least even to you. Try not to shoot down.

Most important thing is to concentrate on the dive, and not the pictures. You'll also likely see more this way. Plus, as you dive, you get better at learning about the undersea life and have a better idea of what you'd like to photograph.

Happy diving on your trip.

Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice. I am pleased with my bouyancy control (considering that I am a new diver). I decided not to purchase a new camera or OW housing on this trip. I will try the rental ones or hopefully someone can send a few pictures to me. Also, I will keep a lookout for an inexpensive one on E-bay. If I decide to rent a camera or buy an inexpensive one, I will keep it away in my pocket BC most of the time. Hopefull I can get a few shots. Regards to all and Happy Holidays.

Ronnie

The disposable cameras do NOT take nice pictures, but they are ok for memory shots. If you do decide to take a camera, just start with a disposable that you can put into a pocket, and that way it can be put away during the dive.

For tips, get as close as your camera will focus, and try to take a picture with the subject above or at least even to you. Try not to shoot down.

Most important thing is to concentrate on the dive, and not the pictures. You'll also likely see more this way. Plus, as you dive, you get better at learning about the undersea life and have a better idea of what you'd like to photograph.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom