New to scuba, going to Cozumel Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pateta2017

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi everyone!

I have no experience with scuba diving and don't want to pass the opportunity of getting certified while visiting Cozumel next week. I would appreciate your tips and insights, especially regarding a dive shop/school in Cozumel. I am staying at Casa Mexicana. Thank you very much for all your help!

Cheers!!!!

Thank you very much, Trailboss!
I've noticed that Casa Mexicana has a partnership with Del Mar Acquatics. My husband has been in touch with Kenneth at Cozumel Dive School. Any take on any of these? Thank you again, for your help and suggestions!

Hi Pateta2017. I just wanted to wish you a very nice vacation and best of luck with your OW course. Have a great time diving!

Can't speak for all the shops but from your hotel walk a block north take a right, Aldora will be on your left and Tres Pelicanos will just a little farther down on the right. Both of these shops are highly rated. There are plenty of great shops on Cozumel though. If you haven't arranged anything yet you might want to start, I am sure all the shops are pretty busy this time of year.

Thank you very much, Trailboss!
I've noticed that Casa Mexicana has a partnership with Del Mar Acquatics. My husband has been in touch with Kenneth at Cozumel Dive School. Any take on any of these? Thank you again, for your help and suggestions!
Not familiar with either of those. Since you are on a tight time schedule, I would definitely look into Blue Magic. They are extremely accommodating and have numerous Dive Instructors on staff-- apart from their normal day to day Divemaster led boat diving.

Not familiar with either of those. Since you are on a tight time schedule, I would definitely look into Blue Magic. They are extremely accommodating and have numerous Dive Instructors on staff-- apart from their normal day to day Divemaster led boat diving.

Thanks again, Trailboss! Have a great weekend!

Can't speak for all the shops but from your hotel walk a block north take a right, Aldora will be on your left and Tres Pelicanos will just a little farther down on the right. Both of these shops are highly rated. There are plenty of great shops on Cozumel though. If you haven't arranged anything yet you might want to start, I am sure all the shops are pretty busy this time of year.

Thank you very much for the advice, Streydog.
We have booked a rental car and at this point, I am not sure if we will need it or use it at all...I've noticed that Casa Mexicana has a partnership with Del Mar Acquatics, so I guess they come on site. My husband has been in touch with Kenneth at Cozumel Dive School, so I think they have a spot for us. Thank you again, for your help and suggestions!

Hope you have a great weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom