New to SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Husker Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, I just finished my SDI OW certification and am new to SB. I currently live in Omaha and am not too familiar with the dive shops and opportunities in the area. I'd really like to get my advanced OW cert sometime soon. Because my OW cert is from SDI, can I get my AOW from PADI? Also, does anybody know a good place in the Omaha area to take my AOW class?

Thanks,

Hello all, I just finished my SDI OW certification and am new to SB. I currently live in Omaha and am not too familiar with the dive shops and opportunities in the area. I'd really like to get my advanced OW cert sometime soon. Because my OW cert is from SDI, can I get my AOW from PADI? Also, does anybody know a good place in the Omaha area to take my AOW class?

Thanks,

First of all, congrats on your certification! Love your board name. I used to be huskerdiver on another scuba forum, but switched to Scubagal so I had the same identity on all the scuba forums I frequent. We currently have two dive shops in Omaha. MidCoast Scuba and Underwater World. MidCoast Scuba can certify in courses offered by SDI, TDI, PADI, SSI, and NAUI. Underwater World uses PADI. I did my OW and AOW through PADI, then did my Rescue course through SDI, so it shouldn't be a problem switching from one to another.

I'd like to invite you to join the Greater Omaha Scuba Club. We have monthly meetings, social outings, and local dive events. Eventually we hope to offer fly in dive trips. The club website is GO Scuba. The next meeting is on Saturday, September 20 at the Ice House. More info on the meeting is listed on the website. You can come to the meeting to check it out before deciding to join, so there's no pressure. Send me a private message with your email address and I'll add you to the club's email distribution list. I look forward to meeting you and hopefully diving with you!

Welcome to the board Husker. You absolutely can go to PADI AOW with your SDI open water card. Good luck with your class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom