New to SB and wanting to make diving a lifestyle choice!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary Johnson

New
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Firstly "hi" everyone. I'm new to SB although I've refered to it from time to time over the years.

Been diving since 1992 with BSAC but later moved over to PADI back in 2002, currently a DM with PADI and also Advanced Trimix with TDI, Advanced Gas Blender with PSAI and recently qualified as Sidemount (sorry but I just had to find out what all the fuss was about) again with PSAI. Logged best part of 1000+ dives over the years although been a bit hit and miss with the old recording of the dives!!!

Been wanting to get into the dive industy for many years and hopefully will be making the jump into OWI & MSDT later this year.

Looking for some advice with regards to where my partner (she's going to qual' as DM) and I should think of heading to first, where ever we go I will need to do IDC/IE and MSDT. I want to land on my feet and find work as quickly as possible and have been advised to head to Phuket in Thailand, is this a good place to start in everyones opinion??

We both love travelling, she's Polish and we're both intending on learning at least basic German before we go, we're also planning on gettng a TEFL qualification to teach English whilst we travel as a back up plan.

Any suggestions or comments welcome!!!

Gary :D

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

As for your question, I am going to suggest you ask it again in another part of ScubaBoard. As a DM, you qualify for the Instructor to Instructor Forum. You have to apply to be in that, which you do through your Use CP. There is also a Going Pro Portion of the Basic Scuba area. Either one of them will be a better place to ask your question than in the introduction and Greets section, which many of the people who could give you good answers rarely visit.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Great, thanks John, I will post this on the Instructor and Pro forum as per your suggestion.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

All the best,
Gary

welcome and enjoy your new profession .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom