New to Savannah GA area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floatingtheflats

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am new to the Savannah GA area and I am looking for people and places to dive with; I don't mind driving to Florida if anyone is interesting in diving the springs. Thanks

Hey Flats, welcome to Savannah. There are a few divers around and my buddy and I head to the springs as well as other FLA spots when possible.

I don't know your past experience and how far afield you're willing to go, but North Carolina offers deep wreck diving with sand tiger sharks. Seems a lot of people dive out of Morehead City, Hatteras and Wilmington. Olympus Dive Center in Morehead seems to be one of the popular op.s; I'm hoping to try it out shortly. Might be a flight instead of a road trip, but looking at Google Maps, seems to me it's not that much farther than a trip to the Jupiter, West Palm Beach or the Florida Keys, so worth being aware of.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom