New to photo, here are the first pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjames:
ssra30, saw that you are in Lembeh in 3 days, where are you staying?

I'll be on a liveaboard, the Panunee.

Kompressor:
I have been setting it in auto-mode.
I am not familiar with your camera but if it has shutter priority mode or aparture priority mode then I would use either.
Generally I prefer aparture priority mode so I can control depth of field better and just check the shutterspeed that the camera choose to make sure that is not too slow.
If it is too slow, just keep going up on wider aparture (smaller F number) until the shutterspeed is adequate.

KOMP...great shots!

I agree, get out of auto mode and your shots will be much sharper :)

Love the anemone - fantastic!

Your button shouldn't be hard to push - I've had several of these housings without a problem. If it is hard to push, one handed that is, then double check your alignment is correct and that the little plunger isn't hitting just the side of the button...might help?

Cool starfish, Kompressor!! I also really like the red anemone. I agree with the advice to increase the shutter speed. You might also try experimenting by increaseing the strobe output while increasing the shutter speed and closing down the aperature (f5.6-8.0), especially for macro shots.

nice pictures. I took photo in high school and college (quite a while ago) and still get pictures out of focus. I just blame it on the fish moving or being in a current. LOL. Just like diving- everyone can still do some fine tuning. I like the variety of starfish.

The starfish here are really nice photo objects! Great colors, and they don't run and hide from you :)

I will give it a try in a few weeks what you say, since we are going to HITRA on our family vacation in a few weeks.

I have another question. The camera has an ASA/ISO setting. Why? There's no film to set this for???

Think of the ISO as sensitivity - just like with film. The lower the number the more light you need...larger numbers are for low light etc. With yours I would set it as low as it will go and leave it there. The higher the number, the more noise (grain) you will see - especially evident in blue backgrounds etc.

HTH

I enjoyed your pictures. Keep shooting and posting - I like your questions too, they make good conversation.

Back
Top Bottom