New to Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Folks, my wife and I just moved to Orlando. We both dive, and have our own gear. If any of ya'll from the area are heading to any of the local springs or shore dive sites and don't mind a tag along we'd like to learn where the local spots are at. I have already bought DeLoachs Diving Guide to Fl.

My wife has had an ear problem but hopefully, she will be ready to dive by next weekend the 20th, if not I am ready almost any time, right now since I am not working yet weekday or weekends are good.

Where is a good shop here in town for air/nitrox fills scuba quest on OBT and Sand Lake seems like a nice shop as does the old divers direct.

How about dive clubs? Any body here a member of The Central Florida Pleasure Divers? Would you recommend them or stick with folks from the board. Up north, I meet everyone off the board and never had any bad dive buddies.

What about places close by (I am on S Semoran) to get wet and play with gear configurations? I dont think my landlord wants me in the community pool with my gear.

Thanks

Alos in Orlando here- always in search of dive buddies.... relatively new to it but LOVE t. Make somewhat regular day trips to West Palm. Feel free to PM and stay n touch

Dean

I dive springs to your north, mainly Alexander, on a regular basis. Usually on a short notice, though, so keep an eye on the Private Trips section. Shore dives are rather, shall we say, scarce in this area.

Heya and welcome to the Board. The springs are a bit to cold for me, but your always welcome to come down this way and dive with us.

The Florida Conch Divers always have something going on so make sure to check out the forum. I have Deloach's book also, my goal is to dive every ocean site he has listed... I know its kind of a haul to make the trip down here, but we do have this great little spot "Phil Foster's/ Blue Heron bridge" that is perfect for check out dives. If ya'll ever want to make a weekend out of it, pm me, we'll set something up.

Also, there's a reef ID class going on in the Pompano are September 4 and 5. We're going to have a big get together down there, I dont think its too late to sign up if your interested. there's a thread on the Board about it now.

Hey Sylvester,

We are working on a few new dive sites in the area even as we speak. OBT, 436 and various other roads will be submerged shortly and we will dive them while we can! :D

Best bet is to keep an eye on the private trips... I am always going SOMEWHERE. Have fun!

Welcome to Orlando, My wife and I are relatively new here as well, living in Winterpark area. Hopefully the hurricane doesn't destroy the area too bad. Definately check out the Reef ID trip over the holiday weekend in Pompano.

Heith

Wow, so ya'll have a hurricane everytime someone new moves in. Thats kinda special, in a short bus way. Folks I appricate the info I have recieved so far. I hope everyone made it through the weather we just had. Yea, I am on S Semoran I could have dove in a few spots areound here the other night. But the good thing is all them orange cones on 436 disapeared so it kinda looked like the costruction was done :) .

Keep us in mind if ya'll head out and have room for a couple of tag alongs. I hope to meet most of you at some point.

Wow, I lived on Semoran about two years ago. Semoran and Curry Ford area. Though it is a drive to the shop the best shop I found up there is in kissimmee. Kissimmee Professional Dive. Hal Watts had a place up there but I think he sold it since I left up there.

There is a drift dive every day from West Palm but I got a locals only trip for you! Jupiter! I would drive by this great dive all the time when I lived in Orlando to dive WPB and never knew it was there.

The only catch about jupiter is the depth. It is a 80 ~90 dive. Nitrox is recommended but not necessary as I have dove it many times as an air diver for the 20min peek. The fishes and reef formations trump west palm by no contest!

Whenever you are game for a dive just post it here and many people will tag along.

PS- Like next weekend.. of course if we are WOH. (without hurricane)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom