New to Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emanuelw

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey guys, just registered since this seems like a decent source of information and knowledge exchange. I'm a 25 year old diver from Sweden, currently living in Japan (Tokyo). If anyone has any good info on diving around here it would be much appreciated. I heard good things about JUE from Swedish divers, but also heard they only cater to tekkies? Areas of interest are Izu, Ogasawara and Okinawa. Also, for you guys diving Japan, is it worth getting regs and stuff here or am I better off (cheaper) getting it overseas? Equipment rental and diving here seems to cost an arm and a leg so if anyone needs a PADI DM, I'll work for some beer, gyoza and free dives
icosm14.gif

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu

Hi EmanuelW,

We (JUE) are quite active teaching recreational diving and frequently organize dive trips. Check our website and why not join one of our monthly gatherings in Tokyo!

On your gear question... obviously I am biased selling gear but most instructors and experienced divers would recommend you to invest in your own gear. We sell high quality gear (Halcyon, Apeks, DUI, Scubapro..) at reasonable prices and service most ourself.

Send me a PM with your email and I will put you on our mailing list.

Vi ses!

Thomas

Back
Top Bottom