New to diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btyle

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey ya'll new to diving and to North Carolina have open water cert, and a wife with a 2 year old. Looking for a dive partner for myself and as a couple. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to work something please let me know, thanks for your time and consideration.

Welcome to the board! I would suggest that you and your wife get your advanced open water and nitrox certs. Most of the diving off NC is beyond OW certification. Not sure exactly where in NC you are, but if close to Moorehead City, contact Olympus Dive Center and talk with them about your needs. Great bunch of people that are more than willing to work with you.

Hi Btyle,

I will be moving back to Savannah, Ga in June and plan on diving up and down the East Coast and Florida Springs a lot. My wife is also a diver but we have a 1 year old so she normally watches her while I dive. We have talked about trying to find some other dive families to do some diving with in the future so maybe we can meet up one weekend for some fun dives. I would second what RickyF said about getting your AOW and EANx certs as they will give you a bit more experience under an instructors eye and also open up a lot more dive opportunities for you. Anyway, let me know if you head south after June or I'll give you a heads up if I head north and maybe we can get some dives in together. Till then, take it easy.

Nate

Welcome to the board. Eastern NC covers a lot of area, what part of NC are you in?
If it's the Raleigh area, we have an active dive club here and NC Divers is always a great place to find local NC divers.

My appologizes for not responding to any of the posts it has taken me this long to find the thread where I originally posted in -_- (damn interwebs). Thanks for the heads up the wife will getting her advance/Nitrox, after she does I will get mine. We are in the Fayettville /Reaford area. She has been diving more then I have; so she is kind of my go to on what to do and not do so far. I would like to just get out some where are try something out. But like I said before it is really slow going.

---------- Post added April 2nd, 2012 at 08:38 PM ----------

I have a brother that lives right outside of Savannah, it would be pretty nice to get a trip together. I will speak with the wife and see what she has to say; it would be weekend thing for sure.

I live in Wilmington, NC and I am always looking for some divers to throw in on gas to go off shore. There are a lot of good ship wrecks off the coast here that are really fun to dive. Boat is a must for most diving and I don't always have access to one but I do know two places that can be pretty fun and you don't need a boat. A lot is dependent on the viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom