new to diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As everyone has stressed, a nice fit for your mask is vital and although we don't have walmart's over here in the UK, I catch the drift of the others here and recommend that you steer clear.

A good little test for mask fit is to put the mask to you face and suck in through your nose. If its a good fit the mask should hold on your face without any strap or other support i.e. its airtight.

Good luck with your O/W - you'll love it!

Welcome aboard! I know you'll find this place a great place for tips and advice on diving and a lot of other things too. I have been here for almost a month now and have gotten a lot of support and advice from fellow members so I know you'll enjoy it. Glad you decided to join the underwater world...we need more people to join. It's a great way to spend time and even better if you can make money doing it. Let us know how your first open water dive goes, you'll love it I can promise that. There is nothing like diving. It's one of my passions and maybe it will be one of yours after you try it. My piece of advice on the equipment question is to get it all at a dive shop for a couple of reasons. First of all, you want to make sure you have tempered glass. Second of all, you want someone who knows what they're talking about to fit the mask and fins to you to make sure they are both comfortable and the mask doesn't leak. You can't do that at Wal-Mart. Doubtful that anyone there would know what they were talking about with diving. Anyway, good luck in your classes and your dives and enjoy the board! :)

Back
Top Bottom