New to diving, will I become addicted ? :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addicting? No way! Lol. :)

Started diving 15 years ago, still dive regularly, have about 10 regs of varying ages, several bcds of different varieties, 2 sets of doubles, a wack of stage bottles, my own compressor and fill station, go on lots of charters, sit at home when im not diving and read about diving.

On second thought, diving is worse than heroine on the addictiveness scale.

WOW! Amazing diving ops and a brand new diver! You'll be spoiled when you do other more 'regular' diving! LOL!

Good luck on your certfication and enjoy the board!

Hope to see you diving some day! Kamala

Seems I might get addicted then if FP is that good for diving!

So have been busy trying to work out my plans for this trip. On the dive front, unfortunately I need to squeeze the certifications in there, burning a couple of days.

So what do you guys reckon I pick:
- The Padi Scuba Diving certification, losing 2 days.
- The Open Water Diver Padi certification, losing 4 days.

They're fairly comparable in price, looking at "Topdive" as an example operator (who conveniently are on 7 French Polynesian islands). Ideally I'd do the full thing but length of trip is a concern. Also the girlfriend will probably want to do the 2 day certification or even just snorkel...

I will be away for 21 days, but not all for diving. 14 days are open for diving given flights so I can be a little flexible. Will be doing most of the Society Islands to start (Moorea, Huahine, Raiatea, Bora Bora) and then off to Rangiroa for 5 days to finish. I want to be more than good to go for diving for say a minimum of 2 days diving each in Bora Bora and Rangiroa (looking forward to doing Tiputa Pass).

So could be looking at 2 days in Moorea to learn the basic certification. Follow up with a 10-dive pack to use between 2 people in Bora Bora (2 dives each) and Rangiroa (3 dives each). Sound reasonable ?!

Any tips on the best way to pick a dive operator?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom