New to diving, looking for a community/ diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
I'm new to diving and wanting to become apart of a dive community! Last month I obtained my open water cert through PADI and looking to get more dives under my belt. I live the in the bay area, so hopefully I can get plugged in soon! If any one could be so kind and point me in the right direction or better yet invite me out to a dive! I'm eager to learn and gain experience from others.

Some facts about me
-24 male
-lives in the bay area
-Easy going
-Willing to travel down south for dives!

Welcome to California diving. It can be awesome...or it can be brutal. If you want to go out diving tomorrow, meet me at Aquarius Dive Shop on Del Monte at 9 a.m. Tomorrow looks diveable, though not awesome. But the interesting thing about Monterey is that you never know what you're going to get until you stick your head under water. You just have to dive a lot, and every so often you get rewarded by awesome. Then the hook gets set, and you keep coming back over and over in mediocre conditions because you know that if you just dive enough, eventually you'll be rewarded by another breathtaking experience.

Bruce

Last edited:
Welcome to Scubaboard :)

What part of the Bay Area are you in? That is a pretty broad statement for anyone to recommend a dive club. For instance I tend to dive more West or North of Santa Rosa where I live. Monterey diving is more often better, but Mendocino can have excellent vis and conditions.

I live in Walnutcreek. Not sure if that helps at all

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom