New to Diving & Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

npaden

Registered
Reaction score
Well, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been keeping reef aquariums for several years (my current tank is a 415 gallon full blown reef) and am finally going to go see what a real reef is all about!

My wife and I have planned our 10 year anniversary trip to Tavenui, Fiji and we are going to get certified here before we go. Before reading this site I didn't really even know there were several different diving certifications, but we have a friend that we go to church with that is going to be our instructor that seems very concerned that we get good instruction and knows we are going to Fiji to dive. From the schedule that she gave us for our classes I am assumming that it will be a PADI course as it is 2 days of classes followed by 2 days of pool then 2 days of open water diving. (spread over 3 weeks)

For now we are planning on buying fins, masks, snorkels, etc. but renting our regulators, BCD's, etc. both for the class and for the time we are in Fiji.

Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks, Nathan

Some advice: relax and have fun! Wish I could go diving in Fiji, but I'm stuck up here in the (still-feeling-like-winter) New England.
You may also want to check out the Texas Swamp Diving Team Forum for dive buddies and places to dive in your neck of the woods.

Welcome to the board, I know you will enjoy this new world.

I am also planning a trip to that part of the world next year. There are some great dives to experience over there. You may want to look into some sort of wetsuit for protection and warmth.

You don't have to spend a lot of money for the suits, as the water should be warm. However, you might want protection from the stingy things that go bump. Also be sure to tell the DM what your experience level is when you sign up.

Whatever you do, welcome to the new world and to the board.

Enjoy the ride
:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom