New to deep diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caboLH

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings from San Francisco,

Deep to me?? Over 5 feet:confused: , you see that's because I spend my time maintaining boat hulls, props, zincs, etc. when my real job (Boat Captain) doesn't pay enough. Which lets face it is 90% of the time.

You see I used to be one of those Corporate types, scamming for the top, and then I had a 'Johnny Paycheck' moment, (he sings 'Take this Job and shove it') and decided to sell my stock options and buy a boat. Since I just spent all my money and didn't want to go grovelling back for my job I bought a 'Hookah' device and started cleaning boats. Then got my USCG Captains license and chartered it, I love taking San Francisco Bay tourists for a spin, and watching the baseball games from McCovey Cove.

One day I was wondering if there was anything under the water past 5 feet so I took up Scuba Diving, and Love It. Now I spend my nights trolling e-bay for crap I could probably do without, but they look cool. By the way what are 'rebreathers' and 'wings' ?? I'm sure I need these things, but what for??

So, anybody looking for a dive buddy during the week in SF or Monterey??? (My firends are still doing the corporate thing and won't dive M-F)

Enough for now,Leann
PS (I don't have a cool scuba saying yet, but I'm working on it. Suggestions appreciated)

I envy your career path, but I can't say I'm ready to do the same.

Good luck finding a dive buddy, and welcome to the board.

Have fun!

Welcome to the board from the wilds of upstate New York!

Welcome from New England!!

:)

Great story, CabolH. Welcome to Scubaboard.
As for rebreathers and wings...I dunno. I'm still trying to figure out what this 'regulator' thing is for. Next time I dive, I'm gonna try attaching it to one of them air tank things. The important thing is to look cool and maintain diving's macho reputation. And black is soooo YOU!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom