New to Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Em_Dee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello fellow Texans!

I am new to the scuba board, although I have been "lurking" for quite some time. (see my thread on the Intro and Greets)

Just a little history: I have been diving for a little over 2 years now, I don't get to dive much. I have logged 18 dives, mostly in Texas at Blue Lagoon. Some dives at Windy Point, Lake Travis and a trip to Belize last year. The Belize trip had terrible weather and we did not get to go outside the reef, which limited us to several 30 ft. dives in what was still rough conditions. After that, I did some dives at Lake Travis, where I got some more experience with the deep and murk that Texas is so famous for.

I am going to be taking an AOW class 7/31-8/1 through a dive shop here in Houston. I hear we are going to Lake Travis for both days at Windy Point.

I am not much of a camper, does anyone know of any decent hotels close by? I have done online searches, came up with a couple of B&Bs.

Also, I am looking to get to know some new dive buddies. My husband is also a diver, but our work schedules are not enabling us to dive together much anymore. So if I want to dive, I need put away the shyness and get out to meet some of you!

Thanks!
-MD

WELCOME!!! I'm up in DFW area if you ever head this way let some of us know and we'll hook up with you!! There is a number of Swampers in your area and I'm sure they will chime in here shortly!!

Again... welcome!

Glad to have you here, EmDee. My husband has been diving around 2 yrs and I was certifed Jan. 04. We live fairly close to Clear Springs in Terrell, Tyler State Park, and Athens Scuba Park. If you come to this area let us know, we'll try to make it too! There are lots of nice people in the Texas Swampdivers group. They will help us newbies without so much as an online guffaw. (I'm sure that many have snorted orange juice through their noses while reading, though, kinda sticky on a keyboard...).

Foo

Welcome to the board Em_Dee. Glad to have you here.

Now where did the southern clan go? They should have checked in by now.

Foo, no one is snortin' through their nose. If they do, just ask them if they've ever had the same experience. :D

Em_Dee:
Hello fellow Texans!

I am new to the scuba board, although I have been "lurking" for quite some time. (see my thread on the Intro and Greets)

Just a little history: I have been diving for a little over 2 years now, I don't get to dive much. I have logged 18 dives, mostly in Texas at Blue Lagoon. Some dives at Windy Point, Lake Travis and a trip to Belize last year. The Belize trip had terrible weather and we did not get to go outside the reef, which limited us to several 30 ft. dives in what was still rough conditions. After that, I did some dives at Lake Travis, where I got some more experience with the deep and murk that Texas is so famous for.

I am going to be taking an AOW class 7/31-8/1 through a dive shop here in Houston. I hear we are going to Lake Travis for both days at Windy Point.

I am not much of a camper, does anyone know of any decent hotels close by? I have done online searches, came up with a couple of B&Bs.

Also, I am looking to get to know some new dive buddies. My husband is also a diver, but our work schedules are not enabling us to dive together much anymore. So if I want to dive, I need put away the shyness and get out to meet some of you!

Thanks!
-MD

Welcome!! May our adventures be your adventures (and vice versa ;-) )

Although I don't get out there too often, most of the Southern Swampers get together at Twin Lakes on the weekends. Come join us!

Hey, MD....Welcome to the Swamp! Beast and I dive at Twin Lakes regularly. I'm always out there on Sundays and he comes when he doesn't have to work. You're welcome to join us any time. There are a few other regular Southern Swampers who'll be glad to dive with you.

TPH, Jester and I will be there Sunday....come see us!

Dee:
Hey, MD....Welcome to the Swamp! Beast and I dive at Twin Lakes regularly. I'm always out there on Sundays and he comes when he doesn't have to work. You're welcome to join us any time. There are a few other regular Southern Swampers who'll be glad to dive with you.

TPH, Jester and I will be there Sunday....come see us!

Thanks! I will do my best to make it out to Twin Lakes in the next month or so. Right now I need to get ready for my 7/31 AOW class at Lake Travis. I wish I could come and get a couple of dives in before class next weekend, but I can't.
Wish me luck!
-MD

welcome to the swamp! Have fun in Austin and be careful. It gets deep, dark and cold mighty quick at travis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom