New to board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crab

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings,

I just came across this board last night-- I have monitored and occasionally participated in the Scubadiving.com board for a few years-- and I was impressed!

I live in Oregon and the majority of my diving is in cold, usually turbid, lakes, rivers, and bays in the area. I do get up to Tacoma during the summer to do boat diving with Bandito Charters.

My diving philosophy is what I would consider quasi-DIR. I use a backplate and wings, 5' primary hose and bungied backup. I would love to take the DIRF class out of 5th Dimension some day. That being said, I also occasionally dive solo and use a pony bottle-- but I recently rigged it like a stage. This is beginning to sound a bit like confessions of a reformed YMCA diver! Speaking of YMCA, I have an AOW card from them, but my instructor has subsequently disowned me for going over to the "dark side" of a long hose, etc. Foolish and dangerous cave diving methods according to him. There's a pretty good chance I'll end up eventually taking a rescue course from someone else...

Anyway, I will be looking at the board a few times a week and I hope I can contribute something worthwhile from time to time.

And don't worry about the "True Confession"

Glad to have you here, there are some really great people from up your way.

ID

Originally posted by crab
Anyway, I will be looking at the board a few times a week
Be forewarn that Scuba Board might end up becoming an obsession...
So if it turns out to be a few times a week that you log off just remember that Uncle Pug told you so. :D

and a WARM Welcome from Sunny ARIZONA the all beach and no trees state

Glad to have you here :balloon:

alright I have been away and it is HOT not WARM I thought about scuba to escape but then membered the scuba diver that was scooped up by a helicopter....

welcome to the board and do take Uncle Pugs warning seriously! this board is addictive...but in a good way.:)

Originally posted by Fishkiller
and a WARM Welcome from Sunny ARIZONA the all beach and no trees state

Glad to have you here :balloon:

alright I have been away and it is HOT not WARM I thought about scuba to escape but then membered the scuba diver that was scooped up by a helicopter....

Aw come one! 113 isn't THAT hot! lol.

Welcome to the boards from another newbie!

Kristey
(The other Desert Rat!)

Glad to have you aboard. I hope you enjoy the board as much as we do.

Chad

Hello, My name is shellbird and I am a SCUBAboard addict!

Welcome to "the boards". Always a wealth of info, usually a few good laughs and great folks.

Posting to the boards seems to be a requirement!! I got this note from the webmaster :Hello chazdonaldson,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions and Greets forum. With over 20,000 users and more than a half million posts across dozens of categories Scuba Board is a great place to find answers to all of your scuba questions or just chat with other divers.

soo....Hello Community!!, I have been lurking in the shadows reading, but am getting brave enough to post soon :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom