New to Board - Central Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to Central Florida. I'm here in orlando, attending school at UCF. It's great to be a few hours drive away from great springs and great ocean dives!!

Welcome!

GetWetMikeG once bubbled...
[I am actually trying to find a quick dive for this weekend. I am going to Lauderdale in 2 weeks so want something different this dive. May do the Venice thing or Ginnie Springs or both. Any thoughts? [/B]

Geez, if you're in the Orlando area and are thinking about Ginnie Springs or Venice then you are willing to drive for about 1.5 to 2 hours. Venice is pretty chopped up right now and doubt if you could get on a boat. Try Southwestern Divers out of Venice. They may have a spot open on their boat and the owner/operator is pretty cool. Vis is pretty bad, but great for Sharks Teeth.
Ginnie Springs is Ginnie Springs. Good to get wet in, but I'm not overly impressed with Springs in general (great for training though - especially in the winter).
If I was going to drive for 1.5 to two hours, I would seriously consider Jupiter and/or Rivieria Beach (AKA West Palm). Number of operations along the coast that would be the same distance as Venice but much nicer diving (IMO). Just a suggestion though.

Actualy WPB is farther out than Ginnie Springs is - in terms of drive time. The only reason I would be going to Venice is for the Shark Teeth - I realize about the low vis. In terms of Ginnie - I never been to that spring and figure I would just head out. I am going to Ft Lauderdale in 2 weeks so its not a big deal for this week's dive.

Welcome to our little slice of heaven on the internet. You will find a number of instructors from our area and there is even a special place for them on the board. Anyone up for a Friday dive??? Of course, you may have to lug my tanks around... I really hurt my back and it's still not right. I think I will lay off the twin 130s for a bit!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom