New to Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rokz

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

My fiance and I just moved to Austin a couple of months ago. We haven't dove in like a year now, but want to get back into the sport.

If there are any groups or other couples that are diving off of Lake Travis, the next few weekends, we'd sure like some company.

We're out of town this weekend, but for sure plan to be out on the Lake the following weekend, August 5-6.

Welcome!!

Hello and welcome!
You might want to fill out a little more of your profile info or post some of your prior dive experience so potential buddies know what to expect...

Welcome to Austin!

Most weekends you will find someone diving out at Windy Point, and usually at Mansfield dam also. Rattlesnake is also fun to dive, as are the coves along Hippie Hollow area. Vis ranges from crappy to ok depending on a huge number of variables. Vehicle and equipment issues have kept me from diving so far this summer, but both are almost solved so hope to be out diving Travis in August also, but not sure yet when. Keep your eye on the swampers forums for others posting their dive intentions or post up your own.

c-monkey:
Hello and welcome!
You might want to fill out a little more of your profile info or post some of your prior dive experience so potential buddies know what to expect...

hey c-monkey, don't think they have the dive info part of profile working yet, at least when I checked I wasn't able to get to edit mine.

Dive info link doesnt work.

Basically my fiance and I got certified a year and half ago in San Antonio. We've done the trips to Cozumel and Belize. We're both pretty new to the sport with less than 10 dives logged, but we loved it and wanna get back into it.

NadMat:
hey c-monkey, don't think they have the dive info part of profile working yet, at least when I checked I wasn't able to get to edit mine.

Oh wow I thought it was just me having that problem! Somehow it makes so much more sense now... thanks!

Welcome to the board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom