New Template Skin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some great thoughts in this thread. FYI: one of the major goals of a new skin/template is to "brand" SB with it's own unique look/feel.

This sends a very strong visual cue that distinguishes SB from the zillons of other Forums which run the "stock" vB templates.

It does take a little while to fine tune the roll out as it's a complex issue where a single mistake can cause huge problems. Also...if my memory serves me correctly, our new look is "retro" in nature as in many of YOU wanted the old look when KN and LD owned this place.

Please keep the ideas and tweaks coming as they are great. At a given point in time the new template is "frozen" I believe so don't be bashfull :)

Dive safe :)

Steve_S:
Some great thoughts in this thread. FYI: one of the major goals of a new skin/template is to "brand" SB with it's own unique look/feel.

This sends a very strong visual cue that distinguishes SB from the zillons of other Forums which run the "stock" vB templates.

It does take a little while to fine tune the roll out as it's a complex issue where a single mistake can cause huge problems. Also...if my memory serves me correctly, our new look is "retro" in nature as in many of YOU wanted the old look when KN and LD owned this place.

Please keep the ideas and tweaks coming as they are great. At a given point in time the new template is "frozen" I believe so don't be bashfull :)

Dive safe :)

Hi Steve!
As always, thanks for posting. I miss you! I also love the old/ new look!

It seems that the new template has "reversed" the normal sense of the icons used to control the hidden/visible sections of the home page.

Previously, the icon that looked like a 'v' would be shown when the associated section was hidden and you wanted to "pull it down".

The icon that looked like a '^' would take a visible section and "push it up".

In the new template, these are reversed. ('v' hides; '^' shows)

Can you please fix this? It really stuck me a weird (and I switched back to the vB default skin to make sure I hadn't imagined how it "should" look).

The "downward triangles" on the "Search" and "Quick Links" items reinforces the 'v' shows (and therefore '^' hides) expectation.

-Rob

Back
Top Bottom