New Tec Turbo Sole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was ready to send a suit out for Turbo Soles and then saw that Tec Turbo Soles will be out 12/1. Are any images available now? Will there be an option for a Tec Turbo Sole conversion?

Hi Mahjong,

I just got this photo of the new boot

TurboTecBoots.jpg

That looks like an odd choice of materials. Can you tell us more about the functionality?

Thanks,
Pete

Thanks, Kathy. So just beefing up some of the high friction spots that tend to wear out most quickly on the old Turbo Sole.

We do not have wide sizes in the turbo boots as the soles are molded and we only have so many sizes. The neo sock used with the rock boots is usually better for really wide feet as the sock will stretch and conform to the foot. The rock boots are relatively adjustable also as you can snug them down more or less depending on what you need.

Kathy,

I got fitted for a Flex Extreme a few days ago. I opted for the Rockboots because I felt the Turbo Boot was a bit thin around my foot and did not fill the space in my fin foot pocket comfortably. I now see you have the "Turbo Tec Boots" I am wondering if the added Kevlar would give the extra thickness I am looking for? I guess I am hopping for a feel closer to my old 7mil wetsuit boot. What do you think? Drysuits are new to me and it has taken me a few years to get to the point where I can afford the suit so I am wanting to make the right chooses on the first try.

Thank You,
House Gecko

House Gecko, I would recommend you do a search on "Turbo Soles" on this board for more information regarding them. You will get two sides to the story, and that is why DUI offers both types.

Personally I prefer Turbo Soles for many reasons, and have them on my CF200. Using a heavy hiking sock, a DUI 400g bootie, my Turbo Soles pack perfectly tight into my XL Jet fins. I now have a different brand of drysuit (Wish I had a Flex Extreme) and use Chuck's that also fit perfectly into my Jet fins. These same Jet fins also fit my 7mm wetsuit bootie perfectly. Fin fit is probably not going to be an issue either way. Point being there are lots of options, and you need to decide if the reasons one way or the other are right for you.

Ps, I hope you ordered some nice big pockets on that new suit of yours :D

Hi House Gecko -

Thank you for the question. The TurboTec boot is thicker than the TurboBoot. The Kevlar adds approximately 3mm of additional thickness. Since the Kevlar does not stretch the boot will feel snugger on the foot. And the additional thickness of the boot will take up more room in the fin pocket.

I hope that extra information helps. Please let me know if you have more questions. You are also welcomed to call into our office at 800-325-8439. Faith Ortins would be a great person to talk 'boots' with. She will be out of the office until Monday. Her extention is 313. We can 'hold' your order in-house if you wish... this will delay shipping. Just let us know.

Happy New Year!

Kathy

Kathy & Peter,

Thanks for the replies. I called Diver Dan's, my LDS, and had them change my suit order to The TurboTec boot. The 3mm of kevlar in the right places makes me hopeful that this will be the right boot for me. I should have my suit in a few weeks, and I will let you know how it works out for my feet. Thank you for your input.

House Gecko

Back
Top Bottom