New Tanks???????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

25S:
They are worthingtons.
I just talked to Eric at EZ and he offered to pay to have them hydroed when they are due.

hmmm... it appears then that Worthington is also shipping "not so new" hydro date tanks.

However , seems like EZ Scuba came up with a good solution to keep the customer happy.

I agree that you shouldn't get "old" tanks when you order them, without a discount, but I don't see a problem with floor models. If you picked the tank out off the floor, you should look to see the hydro date.

I got some aluminum 100's for $125 with a valve here in Fl. recently, and they are originally hydroed April of 04, so in April of 09 they'll need it again. But, I got them for about $40 less than most places sell a new 80, and they were "like new," used for some class or something then sold. There were four, I picked the two I wanted and hey, I'm happy. :)

And yes, it does sound like you got it worked out well, props to EZ! That said, GET IT IN WRITING!!

25S:
I Paid $681.56 for both including tax and vip

Were these cylinders white or hot dip galvanized? If the hydro was two years old, they could be either. To be honest, if they are white painted cylinders, paying for a hydro when due does not make the deal square. The state of the art is hot dip galvanized, and for the price you paid, you could get new galvanized cylinders.

Phil Ellis

Tanks should have a current hydro when purchased(within the month) from a reputable shop!

Richesb:
Tanks should have a current hydro when purchased(within the month) from a reputable shop!

I'm not sure that's reasonable (within a month). There's the manufacturer and then a distributor in the middle before a dive shop ever sees the tanks (XS/Seapearls in the case of Worthingtons I think).

As others have mentioned, older hydro dates are quite common but they can be bought at a discount (Tech Diving Limited comes to mind as a place that frequently has older tanks for less cash).

Richesb:

I think within 6 months (or a little more0 is more realistic. Especially for smaller operations that don't place tank orders every month to keep in stock.

In this case, they were ordered from Worthington, which drop ships tanks for each order. So they should have been within a month or two on the dates in this case.

Not every shop, especially those "north of Florida" can keep tank inventories high.

They are galvanized.
From now on I'll be sure check the Hydro date before I take the tanks.

Thanks for the input guys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom