new system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Monkeymustpull:

Welcome to a great scuba resource from an ex Army guy (left the 3rd Special Forces Group as Group dentist in Jul '00 - yourself?)

I'm also in the process of fanatically comparing and pricing gear. This site has convinced me of the virtures of a backplate/harness/wings setup rather than a conventional BC. I am convinced that this is the way to go to allow the most flexibility for future styles of diving. Presently, I am only engaged in the perilous sport of big game lobster hunting, but will continue to pursue more "technical" forms of diving in the near future. You can find many great discussions on this type of BC here if you havent already thought of this option. Good luck

Originally posted by Scubadent
Monkeymustpull:

Welcome to a great scuba resource from an ex Army guy (left the 3rd Special Forces Group as Group dentist in Jul '00 - yourself?)

I'm also in the process of fanatically comparing and pricing gear. This site has convinced me of the virtures of a backplate/harness/wings setup rather than a conventional BC. I am convinced that this is the way to go to allow the most flexibility for future styles of diving. Presently, I am only engaged in the perilous sport of big game lobster hunting, but will continue to pursue more "technical" forms of diving in the near future. You can find many great discussions on this type of BC here if you havent already thought of this option. Good luck

was in 44 med br 55 med grp

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
I think you'll freeze! :D Spare yourself some agony and get a top quality shell dry suit. Buying a dry suit may hurt the pocket in the short term, but buying both (cuz you WILL buy one someday) hurts in long term. I like Apeks regs too, but haven't used a Mares.

So, you a Troll? :)

Mike

Yea, i'm a troll of the worst type SW michigan

Originally posted by Fishkiller
just want to add that I like Mares equiptment also, not all of it mind you, don't get and MARES mask and go with Apollo BIO fins if the Twin jets are not near by.

Actually I love my Mares Opera. It is very low volume, and it seals well even with my mustache and goatee.

Blessings and safe diving,
Tom
http://www.scuba-accessories.com

Actually, if I remember correctly, Fishkiller had a Mares ESA mask (6 windows) and that mask does have a history of stress fractures where the frames come together. Normally, after a few months of using, the frame cracks and people bring them back to the shop..and Mares DOES replace them, but its a real hassle if there are no more in stock at your shop.

From what I hear, other Mares masks are great! I've never used one underwater, but people swear by the Opera and Ventusa (?). But, that ESA need LOTS of TLC!

Originally posted by scubabunny
Actually, if I remember correctly, Fishkiller had a Mares ESA mask (6 windows) and that mask does have a history of stress fractures where the frames come together. Normally, after a few months of using, the frame cracks and people bring them back to the shop..and Mares DOES replace them, but its a real hassle if there are no more in stock at your shop.

From what I hear, other Mares masks are great! I've never used one underwater, but people swear by the Opera and Ventusa (?). But, that ESA need LOTS of TLC!

A REAL hassle REAL HASSLE

Well i have tied the airtrim but didn´t like it to much so i went and got the Syncro pover and after about 250 dives with it i love it.

Back
Top Bottom