New Suunto Elementum Watch - Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In your opinion is it good enough as a backup watch for depth/in water timing/safety stop issues

In your opinion is it good enough as a backup watch for depth/in water timing/safety stop issues
Yes. If I had a console computer I would wear this watch as a backup device. Even without the stopwatch, if I did not have an Atom 2.0 with a good freedive mode on it, I would use this watch for freediving. It will record to 80m and survive to 200m. The button and crown are solid, I don't see them failing any time soon.

I like the machine-like look...however, no air-integration and only 14 dives logged? It comes well short of the D6 and D9s (i love my D9)...the white rubber strap could be a funky add-on.

Cheers.

-J.-

why two different black rubber straps?. If the watch does retail in the $500 range (speculation), that it would be an ideal back-up to an AI devise.

I like the machine-like look...however, no air-integration and only 14 dives logged? It comes well short of the D6 and D9s (i love my D9)...the white rubber strap could be a funky add-on.

Cheers.

-J.-

This watch is not meant to compete with a dive computer. It is a lifestyle watch. Two different markets.

why two different black rubber straps?.

They have a slight design difference. If you click on the strap it updates the image above. There is a different pattern where it connects to the watch and the clasp is black on one and S.S. on the other.

just got it and love it!!! Water activated, current depth, time, temp and max depth. Once you breech three feet going up, it starts a SURF interval timer up to 48 hours. Back down for dive number 2..3...4? It starts all over again. IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE AN AI devise...DUH!!! It's a back-up to that devise!!! It keeps 14 dives in the memory then dumps them. After 10 dives it worked flawlessly and the backup is very bright undewrater. Great piece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom