New Surface supplied air system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL!

Looks like something from Red Green! "duct tape - the handyman's secret weapon!"

I swear I think I went to High School with those two...

Of course, they might still be there, its only been 30 years.

This is DIR ......Doing It Redneck!! A perfect compliment to the rubber ducky BCD and trash bag lift bag.

With what some us us tried as kids (40+ yrs ago) to mimic the WWII and Korean divers, and Cousteau, it's a wonder some us are still alive. Admit it ....if you imagined getting into diving as a kid...say you are a baby boomer...how many of us taped a 50' hose to a snorkle, and fortunately didn't pass out and drown before we figured out it didn't work?

I got my tounge stuck in a garden hose in a 9' pool when I was 10. Never tried that one again.:wacko:

....and if you tried the old garden hose approach....
Do you still have the taste of the new hose materials that emerged in the late 50s imprinted in your memory. The sitting in the sun vinyl hose taste that got to you before the CO2 had a chance? Sorry but this topic brought back memory lane...less complicated.

Don't know if you two are jivin' or not-but I did atempt the "green hose surface air supply" as a child. (ok, it was really somewhere around Jr. High) It seemed like a good idea at the time. Sadly, as you both experienced, it did not work out well. I'm lucky to be able to still tast food! Perhaps the Cert agencys should create a "Youth Outreach Program"- A group of experienced divers willing give up some free time to travel to wealthy suburban areas and give "youth at risk" (meaning kids lucky enough to have a backyard pool) the required guidance they so desperatly need? I myself will be the first volenteer. If I can save just one child from having his toung yanked from the stump I will consider my life well spent. Its time to give something back my friends!

Honest to God story. I took a garden hose, crimped it over and headed for the bottom. I put it in my mouth and let the crimp go. My tounge was immediatly sucked in and I shot to the surface totally freaked out. I was lucky my tounge did get stuck, otherwise my lungs could have been sucked inside out.

:spaninq:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom