New Sub wreck in RI waters!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I lived in RI I stoped there once on the way to class at JWU and went on the boat it was not too bad though it would be nice to move it to deeper water and make it a dive site. Though it would loose alot of historic value as divers start to take parts off and try to fit through the cramp inside.

GottaDive:
I get it ...RED tape!

Very Funny!
:rofl3: :rofl3:

You should tell my wife that...she doesn't think I'm funny.:D

LobstaMan

genxweb:
When I lived in RI I stoped there once on the way to class at JWU

What did you study? My daughter graduated from the nutrition program last year, 2 years in Norfolk and 2 in Providence.

bigmak:
What did you study? My daughter graduated from the nutrition program last year, 2 years in Norfolk and 2 in Providence.

Graduated in 2001 with two degrees a AS in hotel and restaurant mgmt and a BS in Information Science with a concentration in networking.

Any idea what they are doing with the sub? I know RI is trying to make an artificial reef program. A russian sub would be a great start. :D

Last I saw the owner was trying to float it again and reopen.

The Providence Journal had an article update on the Russian sub yesterday (Tuesday 28 August 2007) as military divers are currently securing it underwater to stay put through next winter. Their plans are to raise it next year but what to do with it after that is still TBD. One possibility discussed is as an artifical reef!

Medic0506:
Any idea what they are doing with the sub? I know RI is trying to make an artificial reef program. A russian sub would be a great start. :D

Maybe they're looking for any loose seamen.

Back
Top Bottom