New strobe for G10: Inon or Ikelite? dealers in TWN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaaralex

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everybuddy,

after one year of struggle with Fantasea flash, i decided that "we need a bigger strobe." To be used on G10 with original Canon G10 WP housing.

1) I would like to buy a strobe which i am going to use for some time with G10, and when i win a lottery and can afford housing for Mark 5D II, then i can also use with DSLR. I already own one cheap flash for beginners to try out. Now i want real stuff. I am in favour of Inon - just gut feeling. But maybe Ikelite also has something interesting in offer...?

2) I used to get lot of "snow" on my pics, tried to cover the area around flash, but got not much better - at the end, I ended up with more than half of the housing covered by sexy black duct tape. (BTW, my next housing will NOT be from transparent plastic...)

3) any recommendation for dealers in Taiwan or HKG? If i am not asking too much, i would prefer some shop with stock and with somebody to talk about the stuff than just a website.

4) just out of curiosity, is it possible to attach some adaptors/lenses for WA to this set? Just WA - as somebody wrote somewhere on the forum, macro of G10 is stunning. If only my buoyancy control were half that good! :cool2:

all kinds of advices will be really appreciated! L.

precise name is WP DC28.

This will work with the Inon Z240 in STTL mode. It will also work later in electrical sync mode if you get a camera that doesn't have an internal strobe.
Bill

I'd first like to suggest you look around on SB at some of the great sponsors we have right here, that actually pay towards keeping the lights on ;-).

I'd suggest looking at Sea & Sea as well. The YS-110a is a great strobe, pretty much the equivalent of the z240. Actually all the new DSLR housings are now coming with fiber optic connections. I have a friend shooting his D60 with 2 Sea & Sea YS27DX strobes.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom