New Spring Straps from XS Scuba......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilEllis

Reaction score
There are lots of stainless steel spring straps on the market....all prices, all type of designs. I think XS Scuba has just released the best I have seen yet. These straps are universal and have all of the hardward to fit any fins. The springs are stainless steel, covered in tube webbing for comfort. They come with 3 sets of attachment ends to fit all kinds of fins..."old school" fins like jets, rockets, and turtles...large pin buckles to fit most fins with standard sized pins...and small pin buckles for the Atomic Split fins. Changing the buckle ends only requires a screw driver and a small adjustable wrench. No buckles to disassemble, no trouble...these things can be installed on any fin in about two minutes. Take a look......

XS Scuba Stainless Steel Spring Straps

For Scuba Board members, I will give free shipping on these in the lower 48 for the remainder of March. Try them. If you don't like them, just send them back for a full refund. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

Phil:

How do you recommend that we decide between the 8", 10", and 12" sizes?

Thanks,
Chris

cal776:
Phil:

How do you recommend that we decide between the 8", 10", and 12" sizes?

If you are ordering straps for fins with a post on them, remove your complete fin strap assembly so that there is no part of the strap remaining on the fin. Put your foot in the fin completely. Measure from the center of one pin, around your heel, to the center of the other pin. Purchase the size that is SHORTER than your measurement by 1/2" to 1 1/2". ie...if you measure 10 3/4 inches from pin to pin, purchase the 12". if you measure 9 1/2", purchase the 10".

For "old school" fins, measure from the vertical holes where the strap brackets go. Use the same routine. Purchase the size that is 1/2" to 1 1/2" shorter then your measurement. This should work fine. IF you get them and they are the incorrect size, we can always exchange.

As an option, if you aren't sure, buy two pair and return the one you don't need. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

PhilEllis:
Purchase the size that is SHORTER than your measurement by 1/2" to 1 1/2". ie...if you measure 10 3/4 inches from pin to pin, purchase the 12". if you measure 9 1/2", purchase the 10".

I don't understand. You say "SHORTER" but in your example you seem to round up to the longer size.

John

XS Scuba:
Today, 01:37 AM #4 XS Scuba

Mike, what are you doing up so late posting on ScubaBoard? Don't you remember Ted Turner's advice on how to make millions in business?

"early to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise" Ted Turner

Thanks for the pictures. This will satisfty some of the concerns about he nylock nuts being a "entanglement hazard" . I some similar pictures myself last night. Was going to post them to both boards this morning. Seems you have saved me that work.

Phil Ellis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom