New Sony A7rII and RX100 IV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm drooling over it, but the price tag is a bit out of my reach at $3200... Here's to hoping they come out with the A7III soon at a more earthly price =)

Hey guys,
Wanted to let you know...

I have an RX100iii (mark3) Nauticam Housing and Rx100iii. I bought the RX100iv (mark 4) a couple days ago thinking that it would work in the housing but it did not work well enough for me. Only half of the buttons work like the power button and the mode dial knob, but the other buttons on the back like the 4 way jog dial did not. It was enough that it was NOT functional to me. It's also a noticeably tighter fit.

From the naked eye and for all land based purposes the bodies look identical, but the iv is actually like one mm larger in i think two directions and really threw off the Nauticam for me.

I really was hoping to sell my iii so I could shoot s-log and 4k on the iv but alas, didnt. I returned the RX 100IV. If anyone has any diff experiences, let me know.

Does anyone here use their UW camera just for UW purpose? Im a rookie to UW photography, and will probably stick with this housing for a while. I dont feel like housings have the greatest resale value and want to minimize risk of damaging my Sony when not diving.

Does anyone here use their UW camera just for UW purpose? Im a rookie to UW photography, and will probably stick with this housing for a while. I dont feel like housings have the greatest resale value and want to minimize risk of damaging my Sony when not diving.

Yeah I actually only shoot underwater, save for amazing landscapes you get when on the boat and the ocean extends into the horizon indefinitely. I only got into photography when I really got into diving and it has since become a great repository of my memories and also to share my experiences with people thinking of getting into the sport.

Thanks for reporting on the differences between the RX100 III and the IV. Too bad the fit is off! Shows how well tuned the Nauticam housing is that that small of a change can completely affect functionality.

I also have a dedicated camera just for UW photography (Olympus E-PL1), and use my Sony A7 for other photography. I'm thinking about switching the Olympus setup to an RX100 model though, since I've sold my other m4/3 gear. The E-PL1 is quite a bit bigger than the RX100 too, and the latter would be nice to use when I want to travel light.

Guys

For those of you who tested Sony RX100 IV, have you tested the white balance function underwater? Is it still the same as its predecessors?

Nauticam has just announced the new housing for the Sony RX100 IV with several interesting new upgrades including a nifty new shutter trigger and more. Even more interesting will be the release of the new wide angle accessory lens.

http://www.nauticamusa.com/news/2015/8/3/announcing-the-new-housing-for-sony-rx100-iv

A7r II release is in the next few days in the US and I am sure we will be seeing lots of interesting innovation in the full frame line as well. Links to field use of the new FE 90mm macro and a short review of Sony equipment I have used for underwater photography over the past five years.

First Underwater Shots with Sony FE 90mm F/2.8 macro - Sony Alpha Full Frame Lenses - Sony Alpha Forum

Sony E-Mount Mirrorless Cameras for Underwater Photography | TalkEmount - Sony Alpha E-Mount Camera User Group

Nauticam has just announced the new housing for the Sony RX100 IV with several interesting new upgrades including a nifty new shutter trigger and more. Even more interesting will be the release of the new wide angle accessory lens.

Announcing The New Housing for Sony RX100 IV

It says that the WA lens is best at 28mm .... sounds like all the other WA lenses out there, which I'd thing would mean that it would not work so well for the RXIV....???? Will be interesting to see the reviews when it comes out.
I'm also surprised they did not go with the same multi port system that they introduced for the Canon GX7.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom