New Sidney Wrecks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChillyWaters

Contributor
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that they were preparing to drop a small plane and something else near the Sidney Pier for a shore wreck dive. The details are vague, and I'm looking for confirmation.

Are the rumours true?

- ChillyWaters

I remember reading about an extension to the pier, including a dive platform, along with the placement of more reef balls. I havn't heard anything about a plane though.

SeanQ:
I remember reading about an extension to the pier, including a dive platform, along with the placement of more reef balls. I havn't heard anything about a plane though.

The joys of rumours, eh? Well, I thought the current reef balls were useless, so why don't they throw something bigger and better down there. Which is what the rumour was about.

But since nobody has really responded, I guess it might be just that: a rumour. Hopefully not. I'll try to get more information.

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
But since nobody has really responded, I guess it might be just that: a rumour. Hopefully not. I'll try to get more information.

- ChillyWaters

I wouldn't expect many people to respond in the first two hours. Not everyone is browsing SB during their lunch break. :D

SeanQ:
I wouldn't expect many people to respond in the first two hours. Not everyone is browsing SB during their lunch break. :D

I was going by the number of views... which was at 18 before you responded. Though, in-all-fairness perhaps the title attracted non-locals to view the thread. Yeah, I'll give it more time :)

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
I was going by the number of views... which was at 18 before you responded. Though, in-all-fairness perhaps the title attracted non-locals to view the thread. Yeah, I'll give it more time :)

- ChillyWaters
If anyone was in on it, it would be the dive shop in Sidney, but I'm too lazy to call them.

ChillyWaters:
I heard a rumour that they were preparing to drop a small plane and something else near the Sidney Pier for a shore wreck dive. The details are vague, and I'm looking for confirmation.

Are the rumours true?

- ChillyWaters

Is this the plane you were thinking about.
http://artificialreef.bc.ca/

Back
Top Bottom