New shipwreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

345' Why so deep?

Could be marketed as a RB / tech dive? That said - that's pretty deep for a teeney little boat which is stripped with no goodies to take home. Oh well - could be a new fishing spot in a year, or two.

yeah, a couple of my RB buddies are interesting in finding out the numbers and diving her

Probably wouldn't be too hard getting the numbers from the guys that sank her. It's definitely fun being the first guy(s) on a new wreck - but 345' and 18 miles off is going to use a lot of gas / diesel for a teensy boat. That said - maybe they left some portholes on her? But I doubt it.

On a sad note - did a dive on a new wreck in 2000? and it's a bit sad when you see bed sheets, paper, deck boots & personal effects only days old. :(

Cheers,

X

Looking at the pictures there didn't seem to be any port holes on her.

Was that a local wreck? I can imagine how eerie that was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the pictures there didn't seem to be any port holes on her.

Was that a local wreck? I can imagine how eerie that was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers. That boat was in NY - Brooklyn. Another was a clam/scallop dragger in NJ. Thanks for looking up the portholes. Personally, 350' + nothing on there = non starter. Give it five years and there should be some nice mussels and lobsters on there. :)

Back
Top Bottom