New Servers in the Mix!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? New servers? There wasn't even any down time?

Yep. It's true. We've added more servers to our schema, and we're "load balancing" them as well. ScubaBoard is finally (successfully) running on several servers at once!

What does this mean for SB?

It means that now ScubaBoard is more tolerant to potential faults. Since we're running on multiple servers, it's like diving doubles with an isolation manifold. This should alleviate any OOSB Situations in the future!

It also means - faster response time, and faster page loads. In the past (when there was only 1 web server running) during our peak times, there could be delays in the page loads, simply because the server couldn't keep up with all of the requests. Now with multiple servers handling the web traffic, there is less stress on any 1 server, and therefore faster responses.

We (the SB support staff) hope that you all enjoy these and other enhancements which are still to come to make SB even better!

Thanks again to all of you for your continued support of ScubaBoard.com and thanks to all of you, we truly are the world's largest community of divers!!!

party-smiley-020.gif

Thanks, site runs great!

Well, it always ran fast on my Mac.:D

Please just don't add all these tracking features that another scuba related site has done recently. It is waaaayyy too Big Brother is Watching You.:rofl3:

You mean like you live in New Jersey, and you're going on the Galapagos Aggressor in 2 months?

:rofl3:

Hey Howard -

Hi from down in Duango. Significant improvement in page load times! That was something I always sort of "tolerated" in the past, since there's no serious alternative to SB. Great upgrade! Many thanks!

You mean like you live in New Jersey, and you're going on the Galapagos Aggressor in 2 months?

:rofl3:

Well, that is public knowledge fit for public consumption because I put it out there.:D
However, it really is no one else's business, including mine, who looks at my profile.
Hey, are you at BTS manning the SB booth? I'll come by and say "Howdy."

I'll be at BTS... I won't be at the booth the whole time, but they can call me and I'd come back to say hi. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom