new sealife reefmaster Mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the mini have auto focus or is it a fixed focus lens?
I was thinking that it was a fixed focus lens.

--- bill

I just got mine from ScubaToys, and will be taking it to the quarry on Sunday. Will post the raw pics shortly after...

A buddy of ours took a Sealife Reefmaster Mini to Roatan two weeks ago. His had issues - several photos came out with scanlines covering the majority of the frame (CCD issues). I'm not sure if this is common with this model, but he basically had rubbish on 9/10 shots. No obvious reason for the issue...

undefined:
A buddy of ours took a Sealife Reefmaster Mini to Roatan two weeks ago. His had issues - several photos came out with scanlines covering the majority of the frame (CCD issues). I'm not sure if this is common with this model, but he basically had rubbish on 9/10 shots. No obvious reason for the issue...

That sounds like a bad CCD. That happend to my DC-500 when
it locked up underwater and overheated before I could surface.
I returned it back to sealife and they replaced it, at no cost to me.

---- bill

Ice9:
I just got mine from ScubaToys, and will be taking it to the quarry on Sunday. Will post the raw pics shortly after...

Ice did you ever post the pix? I'm also thinking of this camera now. Thanks.

Head to the Sticky at the top of the UW Photo - Pink Link in my signature will get you there, too. Inside post #2 under the heading CURRENT COMPACT CHOICES you'll see the SeaLife Mini listed with two links - one to images and one to a discussion. Both links were just added a couple of days ago so info is current.

HTH

Thanks ~~ I hit your pink link right after I posted here and found it. You know I've wanted a camera for so long. This could finally be the one for me!

I bought a mini about 3-4 weeks ago and have taken about 3 dozen pictures with it. Overall I really like the camera. I am not a pro photographer, so take that for what it is worth. One thing I have noticed, the camera took pretty good (to me) pics in shallow water 0-40 ft. When I took deeper pictures 75-100 ft. I needed an external flash. I was able to salvage the pics with the software that came with the camera, but they still were not the clarity that I saw u/w.
I am new to u/w pics, but I think that if you want to take deeper pics with this camera an external flash will be required. So far, this is the only issue that I have had, but time will tell.

I have just purchased the Mini, and I was trying to find out where I should buy an "SD" card, which one I should buy and approximately how much they might cost. I am on my way back to Coco View, Roatan, Honduras. I leave Saturday. I am taking my family (wife , 15 y.o. daughter, 14 y.o. son) for their first scuba experience for a week. I was there 25 years ago as a scientific diver helping a friend test a prototype underwater UV light. Great diving, and I hope this will instil in my family the same love of diving that I have had. I would love to try to "capture the moment" with some underwater pictures / video. Thanks.

Roy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom