new sealife reefmaster Mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi all, i'm looking at getting the sealife reefmaster mini. does anyone have one and what do you think of it? thanks

Some of our customers like the mini as they are small, take AA batteries (Available everywhere) & are fully enclosed. The waterproof case IS also the camera. The downside to the mini's are they do not have as many features as a DC600 & NO wide angle lens is available for them yet. The larger model DC600 has more features, inner camera that is removable & the wide angle lens is available. I use a DC600 for that reason - I like the wide angle for underwater shots. Downside is it's bigger/heavier then the mini & the DC600 takes a proprietary battery. Guess it just depends on your budget & the features your looking for. If your going to get the DC600 - get a wide angle lens with it + an extra battery or two :eyebrow:

Hope this helps :D

Is it small enough to fit into a BC pocket?

RoyN:
Is it small enough to fit into a BC pocket?
Depends how big your pockets are - I'm holding the camera. I do have fairly big hands :rofl3:
SealifeMini.jpg

the thing that sounds attractive to me is that the camera IS the case.........no messing aroung with housing, etc. and worrying about flooding the camera!!! i just want to take halfway decent shots w/out a lot of hassle. not really looking to get real serious with underwater photography, but want to be able to have decent little photos to put in my scrapbook basically. so that sounds like this camera would be great for that, right?

I'm told that the camera takes good pictures on the surface, and underwater... Is this true?

I'd love to go out with a single camera, rather than having to carry around more than one...

The one difference between the mini & the DC600 that I forgot to mention in my earlier post is the mini is rated to a depth of 130 fsw while the DC600 is rated to 200 fsw. Just a consideration if you dive deeper then Rec limits :) A lot of sailors/diver like the mini as it does take good picture above & below the surface + it's fairly shockproof.

Medical1, is the camera neutral buoyant and is slim enough that I can just stuff the camera behind the wetsuit and the BC? Also, I can't see the picture, but does it have a place where I can connect the camera to a retractor clip?

RoyN:
Medical1, is the camera neutral buoyant and is slim enough that I can just stuff the camera behind the wetsuit and the BC? Also, I can't see the picture, but does it have a place where I can connect the camera to a retractor clip?

Negatively Buoyant / Size is 3.1"H x 4.7"W x 1.7"D
The Mini is reated to 130fsw (The ECOshot is ONLY rated to 75fsw - so not too good for divers even though they are less expensive) All the cameras come with standard tripod mounts so a retractor will work.

FULL Reefmaster Mini and ECOshot Specifications - http://www.sealife-cameras.com/cameras/ecoshot_mini_specs.html

Thanks medical1, I just found out the hard way about the EcoShot version. Have to call Scuba.com and tell them to cancel the order for it. I'll probably order it from scubatoys and ask for a 10% discount or something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom