New Sea Life DC500 - By Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tremus:
Do you know how many pictures will fit on the camera?
Todd

As with any digital camera, number of pictures you can take is all relative to the size of the memory card you have installed.

Number of pictures also differs greatly depending on what default resolution you have chosen.

with that said, with a 512mb card, you should be able to easily get several hundred pics on a card. Several thousand if at a lower resolution.

I just got back from Roatan and took some really nice shots with my new DC500. The strobe and camera worked together consistently. Took some nice shots using manual white balance without the strobe. The only problem I had was with night diving. Without lots of external lighting, the camera would not focus. I plan on attaching a dive light to the top of the strobe next time. Sea Life suggests a Pelican 1800. As an alternative to a dive light, Sea Life suggests placing the camera in the shark mode before the dive and focusing on something on the boat 2-4 feet away. This will set the focus range. Any suggestions? I have uploaded approximately 8 pics successfully, but I find only 1 in my album. Anybody else have similar problems?

scubadds49:
I just got back from Roatan and took some really nice shots with my new DC500. The strobe and camera worked together consistently. Took some nice shots using manual white balance without the strobe. The only problem I had was with night diving. Without lots of external lighting, the camera would not focus. I plan on attaching a dive light to the top of the strobe next time. Sea Life suggests a Pelican 1800. As an alternative to a dive light, Sea Life suggests placing the camera in the shark mode before the dive and focusing on something on the boat 2-4 feet away. This will set the focus range. Any suggestions? I have uploaded approximately 8 pics successfully, but I find only 1 in my album. Anybody else have similar problems?
Sounds like you're doing what you need.
I had the same situation in a lava tube, cavern or at night I needed more light to focus.

On your night dives did you see any string of pearls?
I am headed down in three weeks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom