New Resort next to Go West on the former Kura Hulanda property

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just saw this. Playa Beach Club Curacao - Amazing Atmosphere & Sunsets. Has anyone stayed there and for those diving at GoWest how has it impacted diving and access to GoWest. The beachside restaurant and many of the beach improvements were there when we were last there in 2023 but the resort, property above, was not open.

I should be happy that there is some business opening up in that area, but I dread the already too tight parking and envision busloads of people from the neighboring turtle circus that has become Playa Grandi making a tight space even more crowded.

I agree. Looking at the property map they have made some more parking areas up the street but the small parking area above the dive shop will be more difficult to use. My big concern are large crowds on an another wise small and quiet beach. Has too much of a loud party feel for me. I can see the dive dock being crowded with selfie takers which was a small annoyance in the past.

We are in Westpunt now, staying at Nos Krusero. It is really quiet and last night about 8 we went for a swim at Playa Kalki and it was dead quiet. The parking is a bit tight though it looks like they made a second area just up the street. We were the only divers on the Go West boat yesterday and so far the only divers scheduled for Sunday.

My wife and I stayed at Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Resort and dived with Ocean Encounters West (Go West Diving) in 2010. It was a very nice resort and the diving was very good. We might have returned had the resort not failed.

Playa Beach Club appears to be a large day use club that is open daily from 10 am to 10 pm daily but does not offer accommodations. Aside from providing dining options, I don't see how this facility will enhance the experience of divers using Go West and/or staying in the area.

It is a fair distance and driving time from Willemstad. I wonder if they expect cruisers to be the predominant visitors or expect others.

We are in Westpunt now, staying at Nos Krusero. It is really quiet and last night about 8 we went for a swim at Playa Kalki and it was dead quiet. The parking is a bit tight though it looks like they made a second area just up the street. We were the only divers on the Go West boat yesterday and so far the only divers scheduled for Sunday.
Glad to hear there is still some quiet time. We have stayed at Nos Krusero and the evenings were peaceful. Not much out on the roads except a goat herd or two. The parking lot across the street has always been busy in the middle of the day even when the resort was closed.

My wife and I stayed at Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Resort and dived with Ocean Encounters West (Go West Diving) in 2010. It was a very nice resort and the diving was very good. We might have returned had the resort not failed.

Playa Beach Club appears to be a large day use club that is open daily from 10 am to 10 pm daily but does not offer accommodations. Aside from providing dining options, I don't see how this facility will enhance the experience of divers using Go West and/or staying in the area.

It is a fair distance and driving time from Willemstad. I wonder if they expect cruisers to be the predominant visitors or expect others.
Playa Beach club looks geared to day use but up above is Bike & Bed which has overnight accommodations. Take a look at the property map. https://pbc.koawebsites.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Playa_plattegrond_v9-1.pdf

Playa Beach club looks geared to day use but up above is Bike & Bed which has overnight accommodations. Take a look at the property map. https://pbc.koawebsites.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Playa_plattegrond_v9-1.pdf
Thanks, Bed & Bike does not show on the Playa Beach Club website map unless you download it and it is not mentioned on the website.

B&B Westpunt is on the larger B&B Curacao website

It will be interesting to see how these two facilities do and the impact on Go West and the general area.

Sorry, but a little confused over here. The B & B Westpunt resort looks like it is on the property of the previous Lodge Kura Hulanda. I thought the latter was opening(date unsure) a dive resort. Are these lodgings on the same ground, or separate resorts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom