new regulator taste

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1st thing you should do with a new regulator is soak the 2nd stage in "Jack Daniel's" about an hour before use ....... it not only kills any germs but tastes much better that the "pee" solution ..............

squee!:
So I just got my new zeagles, so i put one in my mouth to test it out. BLEAH! it tastes like I'm sucking on rubber! Which, obviously, it is. However, i am not used to that stinging taste of rubber fresh out of the factory! I'm used to the rental regs that don't really taste like anything. what do you guys do to break in your new regs?

I prefer to rip off the rubber mouthpieces of any regulator and replace them with a silicone comfo-bite from US Divers $12. The clear silicone is less offensive tasting and cleaner looking. The only problem with clear silicone is it turns a yellow-orange color after a while, but not from peeing on it. No water sports here! LOL

pennypue:
What a waste.....I peed my pants when I read this!!!

So now your pants taste like a new Zeagle reg?

The Kraken:
Why, Pennypue, I do believe your morals are no better than those of a common alley cat !!!!

You say that like it's a bad thing... :eyebrow:

GrierHPharmD:
You say that like it's a bad thing... :eyebrow:
And there is NOTHING common about me. :wink:

Choices, choices!

Let's see, we have:

1. Urine
2. Lemon/water
3. mouthwash
4. Jack daniels

I think soaking is the key! I'm partial to the alcohol idea and rum is plentiful here, so I'm going with some good ol' DonQ. Thanks for the advice people! I'll let you know how it tastes tommorrow.

breath freshener spray.

Squirt a little on the scintered filter of the first stage and then connect to your tank to blow it through your reg.

either that, or next time you fill your tank at your LDS, ask for mint flavoured air..

squee!:
Choices, choices!

Let's see, we have:

1. Urine
2. Lemon/water
3. mouthwash
4. Jack daniels

I think soaking is the key! I'm partial to the alcohol idea and rum is plentiful here, so I'm going with some good ol' DonQ. Thanks for the advice people! I'll let you know how it tastes tommorrow.

i very recently got new Zeagles and yes they tasted terribly, like some kind of chemical almost! I washed the mouth pieces scrubbing them thoroughly with my fingers for about 5 - 10 minutes under running fresh water. Taste like nothing now, the way I prefer it :)

i'd go with the mouth wash, soak it over night
job done :)

Back
Top Bottom