new regulator taste

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squee!

Contributor
Reaction score
So I just got my new zeagles, so i put one in my mouth to test it out. BLEAH! it tastes like I'm sucking on rubber! Which, obviously, it is. However, i am not used to that stinging taste of rubber fresh out of the factory! I'm used to the rental regs that don't really taste like anything. what do you guys do to break in your new regs?

I've always found that urinating on them identifies them quite nicely as your own. Kind of like a cat marking his territory.

Just kidding, of course.

Remove the mouthpiece and soak it in a little lemon/water solution overnight.

squee!:
So I just got my new zeagles, so i put one in my mouth to test it out. BLEAH! it tastes like I'm sucking on rubber! Which, obviously, it is. However, i am not used to that stinging taste of rubber fresh out of the factory! I'm used to the rental regs that don't really taste like anything. what do you guys do to break in your new regs?
Suck on it.

Brian Gilpin:
Suck on it.

I remember seeing in my local dive shop some replacement regulator mouthpeices that are "tequila flavored." Anyone try these peices of crap out? if they taste anything like edible underwear, then I doubt they are worth it. Not that I've ever actually tasted edible underwear . . . it's just what I've heard . . . anyway . . .

The Kraken:
I've always found that urinating on them identifies them quite nicely as your own. Kind of like a cat marking his territory.

Just kidding, of course.

I tried that, but now it tastes worse, any advice??? Do I have to rinse them first after I do the pee thing???

ShakaZulu:
I tried that, but now it tastes worse, any advice??? Do I have to rinse them first after I do the pee thing???
Repeat if it didn't work the first time............

The Kraken:

Just kidding, of course.

What a waste.....I peed my pants when I read this!!!

I think you should just enjoy that rubber taste. It means your not sucking on rubber that's been in dozens of other mouths.:)

don't know if I quite enjoy the taste of rubber..... hmm... Soak it in mouth wash for about an hour. That will give it a nice minty taste.....

Why, Pennypue, I do believe your morals are no better than those of a common alley cat !!!!

Uh, mine always tasted like chicken ...

Back
Top Bottom