New Reg mk17evo plastic insert inside my dust cap keep it or loose it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saliya

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Finally got my new regulator mk17/g260 finished with assembly and checked the dust cap that you tighten with the A clamp, and found it had a plastic insert. I have never seen this so was wondering do I take it out or is this how the new mk17evo dust cap is designed.
Just wondering if they put that on so as for it not to loose it's shape till ready for use.
thanks

Attachments

• dust cap.jpg
    dust cap.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 78
Congrats on your new reg.

Keep the dust cap as it is. There is no need to do anything to it.

that is their way to "standardize" parts. That cap can now be used (as is) for yoke, and with the plastic cap removed, DIN...

(and, it isn't "new")

can a regulator be soak with those cap i have same on my mk25evo and it look finicky im afraid to flood my reg?

Just remember to check it for water before you put it back on after a dive. My MK25 cap is the same and is not the easiest to clear of water, basically have to have a towel handy. Don't know about soaking with it.

Thanks for all the reply's
Am I missing something here, the most critical point of internal damage and they have dust cap which looks to me is designed to be wipe dry with a ear budd.
One would have thought that they would make a dust cap that is more economical to wipe dry, this thing looks like it was made to trap a bit of water in it. the point it seats on the valve is not more than a millimeter.
Anyone here change the dust cap to a better fitting one please let me know.

Just remember to check it for water before you put it back on after a dive. My MK25 cap is the same and is not the easiest to clear of water, basically have to have a towel handy. Don't know about soaking with it.

A towel? Why don't blow it clean with your tankvalve?

A towel? Why don't blow it clean with your tankvalve?
To avoid the noise, and with how deep inside of the dust cap is, it's hard to get all the water out. I've found it to be easier to take the corner of a towel and just soak the water up quickly and be done with it.

million dollar company can't design a dust cap that can be easily cleaned, I know am fretting over nothing, and going to get a dust cap that is flat and easily get my finger into without fiddling with glasses and rolling towel tips....just saying

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom