New reg and stuff bought on line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaboAA

Registered
Reaction score
Mail ordered a reg, octo, counsole, and BC. The reg is a proton ice. Do I just screw the stuff in the first stage or is there any kind of seal I have to put on it etc.... Also, there are two HP holes on the first stage, does anything go in those? Help appreciated.

Thanx
Mark

You have 100 - 200 dives and are asking a question like this? Did it come with instructions?

The console goes in the HP port. Only simple tools are required to fit it all together but as a beginner I would recommend having the shop do it, just to be safe.

zaboAA:
Mail ordered a reg, octo, counsole, and BC. The reg is a proton ice. Do I just screw the stuff in the first stage or is there any kind of seal I have to put on it etc.... Also, there are two HP holes on the first stage, does anything go in those? Help appreciated.

Thanx
Mark

It is a very good thing you have HP holes in the first stage. You can safely assume that the other holes are not HP.

Soo... if you have anything that needs HP shove it on those holes, the rest of the stuff should go in the non HP holes.

Hope it helps

Life Support Equipment.

Often, if you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it yourself. But for the even minorly mechanically inclinded, this is a simple job.

However, assembling a reg, especially one that might have come grey market, usually involves test breathing, testing IP setting, testing cracking pressure, testing for diaphram leaks. If you don't know what this means, visit a shop, and expect to pay a fee ($25-40 would be reasonable).

I realize that many people think this is a silly question, or something that is quite easy to do, but in my opinion, if you have to ask how to assemble it, you should have a professional do it.

Take your BC inflator hose, as well as the reg and console to a store you trust and pay them to set it up. They may give you a little grief for buying it online, but ask them if they would rather you took it somewhere else or are they willing to do it for a fair price.

Just my opinion, of course...

Scott

zaboAA:
I also posted this in the DIY section, help appreciated:

Mail ordered a reg, octo, counsole, and BC. The reg is a proton ice. Do I just screw the stuff in the first stage or should I pay my local Dive store to assemble it (would rather not if I can do it myself). Also, there are two HP holes on the first stage, does anything go in those? Help appreciated.

Thanx
Mark

You bought it on-line and most shops take offence to online purchases. If it's a good shop they will answer your questions but most may charge you a fee or refuse to assemble it altogether. You will need a hex or allen key set to remove the port plugs. You will also need to route your 2nd stage hoses to low pressure ports over your right shoulder (I like my primary to be above my octopus as far as which port to use). The pressure gauge (console) is your only high pressure hose, so this goes to one of high pressure ports on your left side. Your low pressure inflator hose will be mounted on the left but in a low pressure port. If you have some silicone grease use a little on the o-rings on the ends of the hoses, you don’t need much just enough to make them a little glossy, you may omit this altogether but it is recommended. You will need an adjustable wrench to lightly tighten the hoses just past hand tight, (let the o-rings do their job) and don’t over tighten your hoses.

Hope this helps...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom