Suggestion New Quad-Cities sub-forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ben_wilson3301

ben_wilson3301

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I live in the midwest and have been looking over the forums for the central US and the different dive clubs. I haven't really found a smaller club or forum for the region I live in (Iowa/Illinois border) and was wondering if there was one or if another sub-forum under the Central US could be added. We have a ton of divers in my area and no real good way to communicate to eachother other than Facebook, with no real forum to speak of. In case you were willing a good heading would be "Quad City Diving"

Thanks so much,

From the new forum FAQ:
So you want a new forum?

You need to think about the following:

* Is the subject suitable for ScubaBoard?
* Is it necessary, isn't this subject already covered by another forum?
* Is it to be a private forum? If so, for which group? Any specific access restrictions (ie read-only etc.)?

Got that covered?

Good, next thing you need to do is to start a thread in Suggestions (part of Site Support).

Also, you'll need at least a dozen members who'll back your proposal.

Finally, the ScubaBoard Staff will consider your proposal and create the forum if approved.

Please note that any forum may also be removed due to inactivity.

Any questions? Send us a message!
I've moved this post to Suggestions...

I have had the same idea. I am from the QC also. Did some looking last year but not much going on this time of year. There is a couple clubs out of chicago I looked into for people meeting at Haigh quarry or going up to Pearl. List trips on this site at times. Midwest muck divers. I don't have a normal buddy and was going to go with these groups when they go. There is one dive shop around Rockford, Loves Park, that takes classes to Pearl I was going to try to tag along but ran out of season. Sentry Pool, Sentry Scuba use to have one but no more. They do organize excellent foreign dive trips. Was going to Bonaire in Feb. but can't make it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom