New purchase issue...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not Aqualung and LeisurePro is it? LP is not authorized dealer so their warranty applies instead. Aqualung clearly specifies LP as non-conforming on their website so that may allow their dealers some discretion to deny service.

LeisurePro is an authorized dealer for every other brand they sell though afaik.

Is the sale website based in the US? Sometimes there's really good prices on sites overseas but some of their dealer agreements don't allow sale/shipment to the US either. Or the warranty may not apply unless you send it back overseas.

I think DiveInn has that restriction - a couple times I've gotten a warning to that effect.

Last edited:
no its cave adventure. dive rite set not to worried bc of the ease of workin on product ones self

I purchase almost all my stuff online and I've had it serviced locally every year. If a shop says "where did you buy this...online? we won't service it", then screw them. I occasionally go to one LDS that has a great service department and they service it no questions asked. They even went out to Zeagle and got my parts covered for free, and I didn't give them any information about where I purchased it.

I've had them diagnose some issues I was having with tank valves, replace little parts, and charge me almost nothing for the work. There are good shops out there, and those are the ones you should support. That shop has earned my respect, and I try to buy things from them whenever possible.

cave adventurers will take care of you and is most definitely an authorized DR dealer. For reference with these regulators they literally purchased hundreds of sets at once, it certainly helps with that kind of buying power. I would have no issue buying from Edd et al and if you need them serviced, I would ship them back if your LDS won't service them.

One MAJOR recommendation because you didn't specify which set. If you are looking at a singles reg set, I would look at purchasing the doubles kit to have the extra first stage since that is what is most likely to fail.

Im going to be upgrading from my singles and moving on to side mount diving and I really like the DR set seems easy enough to work on and they seem to have great costumer service..

my biggest problem is i have supported my LDS for 13 years on nd off got out of diving fer awhile nd everything but hes always been good to me.. nd i dont have many options around me of other shops. wanting me to go pro with him but if something little like me wanting to save extra money is an issue i cant see me moving forward there....

if he is a good shop owner, he will put something in to sweeten the deal to make it work for you.

Lay it out for him. For $735, you can get a full sidemount kit, 2x firsts/seconds/spg's, with all braided hoses, ball swivels, and a free regulator bag, no sales tax. If he wants the business, he has to match it, or offer something else on the table. I.e. if you pay the $1300 from him, he throws in $600 of free classes for you, but supporting him on the basis of he's local, is stupid because $600 is a LOT of money. I.e. the same price as your sidemount harness. Which if you don't have already, ask Edd about, because if he sells the one you want, they can usually scrape together a pretty slick price for the package

Which if you don't have already, ask Edd about, because if he sells the one you want, they can usually scrape together a pretty slick price for the package

Was lookin at nomad at the moment there prices are same on that nd my LDS said he would throw in extra riggin setup...

Where in West Virginia are you? I'm in SW Pa and would be happy to talk to you about new regs, servicing said regs, and possibly teaching you to service them yourself so you don't need to worry about what a shop says. I also sell two sidemount rigs and have access to others through a partnership I have with another shop where I actually teach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom