new Puck, post dive issue....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NicSperl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi all

so, I recently bought a new Puck, as my first DC

Now Ive read the manual, set my basic parameters and today took it on its first dive. Whilst diving it worked fine, however, on surfacing it appears to be 'locked' and showing only desat time remaining (counting down) and the 'no fly' indicator.

Id like to be able to interrogate dive data from the memory at the very least, if not change settings - the obvious (hypothetical) issue here is if Im changing from air to nitrox Im unable to have the DC aware of this as Im unable to move beyond the lock screen.

Any suggestions? Or just, what the hell am I doing wrong :(

thanks in advance....

You should be able to press the button a couple of times and get to ESC, then press and hold to return to the main menu.

You may not be able to change it to Nitrox right away after an air dive, though, since I don't think it tracks CNS loading in air mode. It may prevent a mode change for 24 hours...

I leave my pucks in EAN and just set 21% for air dives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yep, all as said above. +1

I've never had a problem switching between air and nitrox modes and back even between dives.

I'd have to test mine, honestly. I don't remember if they actually lock out modes as do some other computers, or if it's just not recommended.

---------- Post added April 8th, 2014 at 12:37 PM ----------

Just checked the manual. Looks like it only locks out modes if you've done a dive in BT mode (or violated it). It's recommended that you don't do EAN - AIR switching due to the CNS tracking...they suggest using 21% EAN instead.

---------- Post added April 8th, 2014 at 12:38 PM ----------

Been quite awhile since I've run mine in a mode other than EAN, so figured I'd better check. ;-)

Are you sure you didn't violate the no decompression limits, exceed the limits of PPO2, or possibly had a rapid ascent? All of which will lock you out of the computer until it is fully desaturated.

If none of these parameters were broken, then I would suggest taking the computer to your local Mares dealer for an evaluation. It should not lock you out of functionality if you are diving within NDL and haven't violated the rapid ascent rate.

Zak

Back
Top Bottom