New Puba Scark....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont know I might be persuaded to take a day off for this If ya ask nice enough.

lol

QUOTE=Nerissa]It's close to Tahlequah in Oklahoma. Is anyone planning to go to this. I was thinking of maybe taking a day off work to go.[/QUOTE]

Hey All,

I did my open water certification there back in ’74. Been there many times since

From Dallas it’s about 3.5 to 4 hours drive up US75. The water viz varies from 3 to 20+ depending on time and where you are in the lake. The best spot are closer to the dam and a boat a big help. Lots of people like to dive off of the islands.

I don’t think there is a “park” like there is at some Texas lakes. Nautical Adventure has a platform set up but the attractions are all old houses, bridges and spearfishing.

Hope this helps,

Grayfoot

scubatexastony:
Hey Mike, I found a honey hole in my back yard, will report more as the job slows down and we get out to check out more of it.

tony

Hmm...really? O.K. Tony, I'm all ears. :lilbunny:

We need to get over to Texarkana sometime also. Wed Wobster may have a lunch waiting on us. :wink:

grayfoot:
I don’t think there is a “park” like there is at some Texas lakes. Nautical Adventure has a platform set up but the attractions are all old houses, bridges and spearfishing.

Grayfoot

From the info. on the site it looks as if they are designating "some" area of the lake as a park next month. I need more info., I've only fished on the lake back in the '80s.

Hope to see you at CSSP sometime this summer Grayfoot, come on out and meet some of the gang!

I was Certified there like some of ya'll at Nautical Adventures. The Scuba Park is at a place the locals call " DX " ( derived from DX Landing I suppose) Its near the Tenkiller Dam. It is basically where a boat ramp used to be so you have a concrete walk in entry. There are rest rooms and a store and such right there and it is next to the public beach and boat ramp area. They launch some Freaking Huge Ships at that place!!!! :11: The area is roped off so ya don't have to worry about the boats and such. The bottom is all rocks and if I remember, kinda neat even if you can't see more then 4 feet. I hear when the water is up the lake is more clear. I'd do the place with a boat ( or Sea-Doo) If I went back there so I could dive some of the cool cliff areas.
The lake is "really big" and the surrounding area is really pretty ! If all the Yankees knew that they would all move there and buy up the property so ya'll keep quite :wink:

Has anyone been able to get any more information about this. my e-mails have gone unanswered and I really would like to attend. Is anyone else coming out.

Back
Top Bottom