New Princeton Tec Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen them on both Amazon and Leisurepro. In every picture I've seen, they look exactly the same, but they are clearly advertised on websites as NEW 95 LUMEN Torrent Led. If you see one, the package should tell you that it's the 95 lumen model. Once it's out of the package, I have no idea how you tell them apart.

Turn them on and shine them at the wall? :D

Well, now I have experience with both the old and new versions of the torrent - I think... I ordered the 95 lumen model but they sent me the old one. I put the batteries in and shined it at the wall to see what it looked like and then sent it back. Today I got the new model and I have to say the light output (from what I remember) looks to be similar. I have no way of verifying that I got the correct light though as the only identification is on the cardboard insert that comes with it. I can't find any other identifying mark that suggests it's one or the other. The front of the cardboard clearly says 95 lumens, but the back tosses around the 47 figure 3 or 4 times. Not sure if I got the right one... Anyone have any idea how to positively identify these lights? I'm probably going to call Princeton Tec tomorrow and ask them about it. I'll post back if I get an answer.

Ok, I have an answer for anyone who is interested. The bottom line is that the lights are physically the same, the only change was swapping out the Ultrabright for the Maxbright LED. According to Princeton Tec, the way to tell is by the cardboard insert. The customer service rep told me that they reused some of the old inserts so it isn't uncommon for the front to say 95 lumens and the back to say 47. The information on the front is correct.

In addition to that, if you open up the light, there is a round white sticker on the body that denotes the manufacture date. Princeton Tec can use that information to verify when the light was made and therefore which model it is. Mine was 4408 (44th week of 2008) and he told me that was definitely a 95 lumen model. I don't know the exact date they started manufacturing them, but if you have that or later, you've got the new one.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom