New pricing schedule at Athens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmm... maybe they subscribe to this message board, and felt the "heat".

$15 is reasonable. Did they ever dig that deep hole in the corner? Last time I was there they were all jazzed about digging a 50-60 foot hole for Advanced Classes.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Clear Springs? They were planning to excavate a new hole for advanced classes at one time. I've never heard anything about Athens doing that. I could be wrong, though. It has happened a time or two in my life...

Naw, it was Athens. I've never heard of Clear Springs...

I was at Athens in 2000 freediving (it seemed a waste to use a tank), and they had that little jet parked outside ready to sink. The owners mentioned their desire to dig a big hole on the far end that fall so that they could do advanced open water classes. Apparently they didn't get to dig the hole yet.

I went to clear springs last month and they were still talking about it.
Cisco was preety kewl. As were the many nice above average bass and many red eared terrapins.

D.B.D.

The hole at Clear Springs in Terrell is over 60 feet. I don't recall is he's still digging.

Calvin (Athens) has not dug a hole in the lake. I would have a really hard time seeing him dig over 30 feet of clay out of that pit to create a spot to do advanced. That would be quite a feat.

Robert (CSSP) had less than 10 feet to dig and much of that was silt.

I doubt it was this board which made his drop prices. I would bet it was the first truely significant competition for the Dallas dive training market.

Athens is now cheeper to dive for a day than CSSP. If you tack on the fact it is further from Dallas it becomes about the same.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
Hey yall,

Who says prices never go down. Athens has cut its prices.

Its now $15 to dive and $5 to camp. They also have prices for those who don't plan on diving. " <SNIP>

Wow ! I am shocked! He must have felt the heat from Clear Springs. I am glad to hear they cut the rates. $15 is liveable and that sounds worth it. Hmmm maybe I will try it again.......

Back
Top Bottom