"New posts" option working strangely

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania

Cousin Itt
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since couple of last days I had a problem with "New posts" option. Quite often it shows "sorry no matches" while when I use "active topics" option and choose "the last day" plenty of new posts are shown.
But as I always stress I'm totally lost with computer co it may be my fault.
Mania

If you happen to close your session and somehow no one posts, then you will get this message when you sign back on.

I'm not sure whether that's exactly the case. I logged at 5 pm my time (9 am Washington DC time) and then now. And again it showed my "sorry, no matches" while there are plenty of new posts which I found through Active topics.
But it's very possible I'm doing something wrong with my computer. I was deleting lately all cookies - maybe this is the reason???
These machines are really more clever than I am.
Mania

Its a conspiracy :censored: Not content with deleting posts, NetDoc has completey lost it and is deleting the board :11:

I,am now going to hide behind the sofa :D

:sofa:

mania,
If you remove your cookies our system has a problem identifying what is new since it doesn't know what is old! Your username stores part of the data but the cookie is important as well so if you clear it keep in mind that you will have less information avaliable on your next visit. However, the active topics link should make up for any problems with cookies and let you see the recent threads in the order by which they were updated.

Mr Mares, only I am allowed to hide back there, find your own spot!

It's becoming very crowded behind this :sofa: - I'm already there for some time!!!! :D

So it's probably cookies problem. Today I had the same problem. Maybe I should simple start using Ative topics ... :wink:
Thanks
Mania

Tech Admin:
Mr Mares, only I am allowed to hide back there, find your own spot!

LOL :D

I am having the same problem as Mania and I have not deleted cookies and I usually log in at different times from different computers with the same results.

If you login from different computers you will be constantly resetting your visited time against your cookie which creates a conflict and either results in no new posts or only new posts since your last login.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom