New post indicator update function?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. . . Sort of on topic --

What is the parameter that makes a post "new"?

I have bookmarked the above link, but sometimes it will show nothing, especially after about 6pm EST. Yet by expanding subscribed threads, I will see posts less than an hour old.

?

"Someone posted . . . in the past . . .? ? ?

I do not understand how I can leave - say at noon - then come back on line at 6pm and have "No New Posts", yet there are posts time-stamped past noon.

I have found that sometimes the way I shut my browser down affects the "new post" listing. Like whether I actually close the browser window, whether I just shut the computer down, or whether I close the lid on my laptop and put it away. Also, if you're going between two different computers it may cause an issue as well.

I have found that sometimes the way I shut my browser down affects the "new post" listing. Like whether I actually close the browser window, whether I just shut the computer down, or whether I close the lid on my laptop and put it away. Also, if you're going between two different computers it may cause an issue as well.

That is a LOT more to go on . . . . Thank you, too! :D

If you really wish to show your appreciation, cash donations in small, unmarked bills are always welcomed.

:lol:
What, no paypal account?

He needs more cookies for his browser.

Chocolate chip work best.

:cussing: And I just had my hands on the milk chocolate macadamia nut ones . . . . Now you tell me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom