New post indicator update function?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonnyspecial

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Japan - Kyushu - Kagoshima Prefecture, especially
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
:confused:Is there a "new post indicator" update function, so that one can check if a new post has been made to a particular thread when signing in, as opposed to what I'm doing now [signing in, going to my profile page, clicking "Statistics", then threads I've posted too, and scrolling pages to find the latest post...]

Thanks!

You can click the little down arrow next to new post on the red toolbar at the top of the page and it will give you a menu of threads you posted to.

You can also go to thread tools and subscribe to the thread and have it show up in your User Control Panel when there are new posts.

Just click on "User CP" above.

It will show any new PM's and any of your subscribed threads that have new posts since the last time you were on.

Or click on "Quick Links" near the top right and in the resulting drop down menu under "Miscellaneous" click "Subscribed Threads" and you're given a list of all threads you've posted in or manually subscribed to. All threads with new posts will be listed first and in bold print.

. . . Sort of on topic --

What is the parameter that makes a post "new"?

I have bookmarked the above link, but sometimes it will show nothing, especially after about 6pm EST. Yet by expanding subscribed threads, I will see posts less than an hour old.

?

. . . Sort of on topic --

What is the parameter that makes a post "new"?

I have bookmarked the above link, but sometimes it will show nothing, especially after about 6pm EST. Yet by expanding subscribed threads, I will see posts less than an hour old.

?

New means - Someone posted.

New means - Someone posted.

"Someone posted . . . in the past . . .? ? ?

I do not understand how I can leave - say at noon - then come back on line at 6pm and have "No New Posts", yet there are posts time-stamped past noon.

It depends on how you look at the forums, and your cookies.

Without actually seeing your screen at the time, I couldn't say.

For me... It works just fine.

It depends on how you look at the forums, and your cookies.

Without actually seeing your screen at the time, I couldn't say.

For me... It works just fine.

Of course it does! :mooner:

So it uses cookies . . . . That's a start, thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom