New Pony Bottle!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codiak, It is not off topic. Divers use these ponies without fully understanding the subject. I have seen these ponies run dry because of open valves and other mistakes before getting into the water. I have seen firsthand divers with ponies OOA, going for the pony only to find that they are empty or nearly empty. I am not even going to talk about deco related issues. I highlighted the possible problems.

I really like those button gages, but they are very susceptible to being damaged. The guage face sticks out and can become scratched easily. I have added a piece of pvc pipe that slipped over the gage and sticks out past it a little for shock and scratch protection.

I wonder if a piece of the right size garden hose or plastic hose slipped over the guage and sticking out from the face for 1/2inch would work as well?

I really like those button gages, but they are very susceptible to being damaged. The guage face sticks out and can become scratched easily. I have added a piece of pvc pipe that slipped over the gage and sticks out past it a little for shock and scratch protection.

I wonder if a piece of the right size garden hose or plastic hose slipped over the guage and sticking out from the face for 1/2inch would work as well?

That is a good point as I did notice it protrudes out making it likely to get beat up.

Nice.

Recently, I added an octo holder to my pony setup to keep the reg from getting loose. It works pretty good. Your reg looks like mine did prior to the oct holder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom